Thursday, November 17, 2011
Prototek Sheetmetal Fabrication, LLC is a RoHS Compliant company
RoHS, or to use its accurate but somewhat lengthy title "Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment", will be enforced throughout the European Community from 1st July 2006.
Its aim is simple to remove a total of six substances from electrical and electronic equipment (EEE), thereby contributing to the protection of human health and the environment.
Although RoHS is a European Union (EU) Directive, manufacturers of EEE outside Europe must also abide by this legislation if the equipment they produce is ultimately imported into a EU member state.
RoHS Compliance Statement
Prototek Sheetmetal Fabrication, in an effort to support our customers and supplier base, has committed to RoHS compliance. Pursuant to this effort, we will help our manufacturers as well as our customers manage RoHS introduction. Included in this management process is as follows.
1. Supplier Policies: Inform our customers of our manufacturer's RoHS policies as these policies continue to evolve.
2. Part Specific Information: Inform customers of specific part number detail on compliance as this information becomes available from our suppliers.
3. Inventory Management: Provide assistance in managing the transition of non-compliant inventory to compliant inventory (specifically product pipeline management).
4. Market Demands: Keep our suppliers posted with market and specific customer needs, which will allow them to be more responsive.
5. Education: Working closely with our supplier partners, Prototek Sheetmetal Fabrication will, to the best of our ability, provide our valued customers and employees with the most up to date RoHS related information available